CallieJudyEventing1a
Sponsors Sponsoring News Schedule Contact Me Links
item7a
london2012olympicslogo1
Home
My Team

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesday

I would like to apologize for not writing yesterday. My blog slipped my mind and I will try my very hardest not to miss another day of writing. My gallop on Sunday went well, the knee held up thank goodness! Let me fill you in on Monday, it wasn't at all exciting. I don't want to disappoint anyone, but a horseback rider's life is up and down on the excitement scale. I went to physical therapy at 8 am yesterday, then I went back home to mess with my horses. Ollie had the day off since he galloped Sunday, he did get a good bath though. I love Ollie but man it is hard to keep him clean! I did work on my homework, I try to do it everyday and it takes a lot of discipline. I will be honest I struggle keeping myself focused on the school work, I am getting it done though. If I hadn't of started homeschooling I wouldn't have made it this far in my riding. It gives me more freedom to improve my riding skills and makes my schedule way more flexible. To anyone that wants their riding to take off and have goals like Young Riders or the Olympics, think about homeschooling. It has some positives and negatives but in the end it was the best decision my family and I made. Enough about school talk, let me clue you in on how today went. I got up early because Scott Chandler, my farrier while in Florida, had to come tack on shoes. It bewilders me when horses pop their shoes of perfectly without damaging their hooves. And where do all the shoes go? I search the fields and I feel like I hit the jackpot when I find one! After Scott left I worked on my English homework, then I got ready for my dressage lesson with my trainer Leslie Law. I wore a neoprene brace on my knee for the lesson because I'm not completely comfortable riding without it. The lesson was great and Ollie was going really well. We worked on shoulder-ins, traverse, half passes, simple changes from the canter, and flying changes. His flying changes are still a little rough but we're working on it. Tomorrow I am taking two jump lessons, this should be interesting. Will my knee take the jumping well? I sure hope so. I have PT again in the morning at 8, then I have to run back home to pack my trailer, clean my barn up and get a health certificate from Dr. Trimble. I'm taking Audie my prelim mare to Buck Davidson's at 12 pm to jump, then Ollie is going to Leslie's at 2:15 pm to jump also. Right after my last lesson my mom, grandma aka "Nanny Grate", and I are bound for Hamilton, GA. I'm riding Ollie in the Advance at Poplar, I feel very confident about it. I'm so excited to run another Advance, I'm ready to compete again! These past few weeks have been torture not being able to ride. Well it's getting late, and I have an early morning ahead of me.
Good Night to all!

Aspiring Olympic Rider,
Callie Adaire Judy
My
Blog
Equestrian
My Goals
Milestones
Show
Scrapbook
Loving
Horses For
CallieJudycombanner2a
Sponsors Contact Me Links Home My Team My Blog Blog Equestrian My Goals Milestones Show Scrapbook Loving Horses For Horses For