CallieJudyEventing1a
Sponsors Sponsoring News Schedule Contact Me Links
item7a
london2012olympicslogo1
Home
My Team

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Follow Me Down-3OH!3 (Inspired by Alice in Wonderland)

Hello again!
Today has went by fast, I felt like a chicken running with it's head cut off. I had to rise early for another session of physical therapy. It went well, they say my knee is healing faster than they thought. My knee is healing as fast as it is because of the PRP injection. Thank you Crane Clinic Sports Medicine and Dr. Kristin Tate. PRP ( Platelet rich Plasma) aka RIT ( Regenerative Injection Therapy) is a wonderful procedure. Platelet growth factor is obtained by drawing a venous sample of your blood and then using a special centrifuge to remove the red blood cells and the plasma component. There are approximately 12 different growth factors present in your platelet rich plasma. These growth factors are concentrated to approximately 300 times your bodies normal levels. When injected at the injury site, they promote or regenerate an accelerated healing cascade. It works so well that football players with my injury (MCL) have been back playing in 2 weeks! PRP is also a well known procedure in Equine Medicine. After my therapy I packed my weekend bag of clothes and homework, loaded the trailer, and got my horses ready for their lessons. Audie was a handful in my lesson with buck! She is a very solid looking Irish Sport Horse, but geez that girl can act like a thoroughbred some days. She was testing me since I haven't ridden her in almost 2 weeks. Three stops into the beginning of my lesson she realized real quick that I wasn't putting up with her attitude. She was still wild but finished good, probably because she ran her energy down by the end of our lesson. Ollie was really good for me, the bridle I just started using really helps. A friend of mine has a horse that is exactly like Ollie, they even have the same name. She's the one that thought I should try it. So I put a loose ring snaffle on my bridle and instead of a normal cavesson (noseband), I put on a western hackemore. It allows Ollie to stretch his neck out and use his body while jumping, and it still allows me to have control for when he gets a little strong with me. I'll still use my full cheek gag on cross country, but this new combination has been working magic for us. My knee felt fine through both lessons, a little sore right now but nothing I can't handle. We were going to leave for Poplar this evening, except when I made contact with the couch I knew there was just no way. We were all very tired and I didn't want to search through the dark at Poplar for my stalls and Ollie would've hated being alone. That right there is Ollie's kryptonite, without a friend Ollie will have a meltdown. He is such a character, never a dull moment with the big grey steed. I'm exhausted and I still need to jump in the shower. I'll write again tomorrow.

Goodnight,
Your Aspiring Olympic Rider,
Callie Adaire Judy

P.S. I think I may start making the titles of my blogs song titles. Maybe as well as introducing people to my life, I can introduce you to my extremely large music library which is continually growing. As I always say, a person's musical taste says a lot about their personality. Hope you enjoy.
My
Blog
Equestrian
My Goals
Milestones
Show
Scrapbook
Loving
Horses For
CallieJudycombanner2a
Sponsors Contact Me Links Home My Team My Blog Blog Equestrian My Goals Milestones Show Scrapbook Loving Horses For Horses For