CallieJudyEventing1a
Sponsors Sponsoring News Schedule Contact Me Links
item7a
london2012olympicslogo1
Home
My Team

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Never Say Never - The Fray

Hello! Sorry for not writing the past few days. Last weekend was a rough go for Ollie and I. Dressage was ok, we scored a 42.5 which isn't bad by any means but I'm picky and that score is not good enough. Ollie was a little wild in dressage warm up and at 8:40 in the morning the shadows looked really scary to him apparently. His trot work in the beginning was pretty good, he probably was a little tight in his neck. Shoulder in to the left had better bend than the one to the right. I don't think the turn on the haunches were all too great. His canter work was alright, he felt like if I let go of his mouth he might run off. Because of that he probably seemed tense and tight in the throat latch. The flying lead changes were very exuberant, at least he changed though, he could have half trotted through them. Saturday was not a great day for us. We're galloping around the course great until the first water complex. The question appears simple, but its advance so of course it isn't simple. It was a house one stride to a large log drop into the water. You had to gallop at a good clip to get into the one stride just right. Of course when I gallop into it Ollie decides to tap the breaks just enough so we're crawling down the drop into the water. In result to that I get catapulted off the right side and I'm holding onto Ollie by my left bad leg. I pulled myself back on and kept going up the bank out of the water and over the "catfish" jump. That was probably not pretty to watch but at least I stayed on. Then Unfortunately Ollie decided to sneak out to the left at jump number 18, which was a small chevron skinny. I made it through the course with a run out and a ton of time penalties. On Sunday it was Show Jumping day. I got Ollie ready to go and missed the course walk. That didn't bother me, I just needed to watch several rounds and ride like I was at home. Ollie warmed up good, a little feisty but I didn't mind that. We go into the ring jump number one and I'm cantering up to number 2, at the last possible minute Ollie taps the breaks and swerves left sending me flying forward. I somersaulted over the jump and hit the ground. Falling in stadium jumping results in elimination. I felt like I embarrassed myself, messing up big time at my 2nd Advance. I now realize that I didn't embarrass myself because mistakes are what we learn from. I have to keep riding advance and learn what the level requires. I'm only 17 years old, I don't have nearly as much experience as the other advance riders. I will do better and I will show this sport of can't that I can do this. And I do belong at this level. I hope everyone has a good week.
Until Tomorrow,
Your Aspiring Olympic Rider,
Callie Adaire Judy
My
Blog
Equestrian
My Goals
Milestones
Show
Scrapbook
Loving
Horses For
CallieJudycombanner2a
Sponsors Contact Me Links Home My Team My Blog Blog Equestrian My Goals Milestones Show Scrapbook Loving Horses For Horses For