CallieJudyEventing1a
Sponsors Sponsoring News Schedule Contact Me Links
item7a
london2012olympicslogo1
Home
My Team

Friday, August 13, 2010

How Far We've Come - Matchbox Twenty

Hello Again,
I guess I need to update how Millbrook ended. Sunday was a quiet day, Mom and I slept in a bit and took our time doing chores. The horses looked good and I wasn't too mad about how Saturday went. In our sport we can't have amazing weekends every show. We all have crappy days and we just have to shake it off and prepare for the next show. Buck told me to Show Jump Audie for practice, give her a good training ride since we had nothing to lose if we dropped a couple rails. So I got my naughty girl ready and went up to warm-up. She was jumping great which made me a little disappointed about the day before. We went in and I schooled her, bending her in all our turns and giving her good distances. We had a rail at the first fence because she got a little deep and we had a rail at the end of the triple because she sped through it a little too fast. All of that was fine because you have to let your horses mess up in training. You can't always protect them, they are a living animal that has the ability to think for themselves. They need to learn to protect themselves and to do that they must run through a couple fences until they learn to back themselves off the jump, set themselves up, and jump high enough over to not hit the rails. I have a hard time letting go of my control, I like to have control over situations but with horses you have to learn to share the control. That is a part of the partnership that I'm still working on.
I have another event this weekend at Waredaca in Maryland. I'm taking Bayama Novice and Rafiki Prelim. They should do well, they've been doing great in lessons this week. I'll write on Monday about how the show went. Until then I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and weekend.

Your Aspiring Olympic Rider,
Callie Adaire Judy
My
Blog
Equestrian
My Goals
Milestones
Show
Scrapbook
Loving
Horses For
CallieJudycombanner2a
Sponsors Contact Me Links Home My Team My Blog Blog Equestrian My Goals Milestones Show Scrapbook Loving Horses For Horses For